

**Lakeside Unity Area of Narcotics Anonymous Business Meeting Minutes**  
**Met in person at Elevations Church**  
**March 7, 2021**

1. Open Meeting at 4:52 pm with a "Moment of Silence" followed by serenity prayer.
2. **Service Prayer**-Brittney
3. **Twelve Concepts**-Cody
4. **Twelve Traditions**-Marshall
5. **Daily Meditation from Just for Today**-DeLynda

**ROLL CALL-GSR's**

1. **Spiritual Solutions (?)**: Not here
2. **Kleansville (Derrick)**: Here
3. **Key tag and a Hug (Josh)**: Here
4. **TGIF (Sam)**: Not here
5. **SOS (Sarah)**: Not here
6. **Refuse to Use (Brittney)**: Here
7. **New connections (Rusty)**: Here

Anyone else? Nate, DeLynda (Utah Region Outreach Chair)

**ROLL CALL-Executive Committee**

1. **Chair (Stephen)**: Here
2. **Vice Chair (Trevor)**: Here
3. **Secretary (DeLynda)**: Here
4. **Treasurer (Bryce)**: Here
5. **RCM (Cody)**: Here

**ROLL CALL-Sub-committee Chairs**

1. **Public Relations Chair (James)**: Here
2. **Literature Chair (Kurtis)**: Here
3. **Web Servant (Marshall)**: Here
4. **Activities (Brittini)**: Here

**GSR'S: 4/7    Quorum? Yes**  
**Executive Committee: 5/5**  
**Sub-committee Chairs: 4/4**

**GROUP REPORTS**

1. **Spiritual Solutions**: Not here, no report
2. **Kleansville**: Written report, attached
3. **Key Tag and a Hug**: Written report, attached
4. **TGIF**: Not here, no report

5. **SOS:** Not here, no report
6. **Refuse to Use:** Written report, attached (one for last month, one for this month)
7. **New Connections:** Written report, attached

**James asked all groups about donating to world? If they have? If this is possible? If there is any hesitation?** All groups other than the RTU have not donated yet and will begin talking about it. James did explain that \$2.00 a week would put a home group who meets once a week in good standing with the needed \$100.00 per meeting per year to support world services.

**Chair report:** Steve did mention that we cancelled our last Area meeting due to Super Bowl and we will talk about April (Easter) and July (4<sup>th</sup> of July) meetings so we are not cancelling 2 days before the meeting. On the agenda under new business.

**Vice Chair report:** Nothing to report

### EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE REPORTS

**Secretary Report:** The minutes posted will serve as my report, thank you for that Trevor. I also passed around a contact list if everyone will please add their information.

**Treasurer Report:** Rusty giving his final report as the last Area meeting was cancelled. Balance \$176.75 checking, \$401.31 in savings. Have not transferred money back into the savings account. Rusty asked who manages the square account? Brittini said she does and he said his donation never transferred into the bank account. Brittini then checked and said there is \$116.00 in square. Rusty will also start the process of getting the signature card changed as this got lost in the shuffle. Cody and Steve need to make the trip to sign with the bank as it is better to this in person. Also, PO Box is due and it is \$322.00. Will put under open discussion as this is super expensive. Rusty told Kurtis he could spend \$213.56 on literature.

**RCM:** Written report, attached

### SUB-COMMITTEE REPORTS

1. **Public Relations Report:** Met today, 8 members in attendance. James will be temp unavailable for the next 2 months but is still going to be attending the meetings. Moved date of Learning Days to 5/22/21. Nominated Steve H. as adhoc chair for this event. Will work with activities to finalize the event. If interested in serving on this committee, contact him. Location Loy Blake Park in West Point. 11:00 am-5:00 pm or so, will have some food, variety of topics. Will end early enough to accommodate the SOS mtg. Have 3 facilities we are hoping to get into but no new information. WRC, Active Recovery, Safe Harbor. Will keep on the agenda. Elevation youth facility is still meeting one time a week. Did request a staff person to be present in the meeting as they have been absent. Good attendance 10-15. 8 members signed up to go into Elevation. Jail meeting still suspended, waiting on info from our coordinator that was approved in January. Did send an email to the

coordinator as she has not been seen since October. Also, our literature position has not been attending but is still filling the racks. No schedules this month. Have been contacted by H&I looking for virtual support for Summit, Wasatch, and Duchesne. Steve asked James if he is going to be doing a workshop on fund flow and he said he will wait to hear from the adhoc chair. Brittini said she did put fund flow as a topic on fund flow.

2. **Literature Report:** Sold \$213.57 and Kurtis bought lit \$204.06 and he owes his buddy a 3-year medallion.
3. **Activities Report:** Couple of things coming up...already up on the website. Bingo night, 3/26/21 at Davis Behavioral after the meeting. Vision board activity on 4/18/21 at the dance academy also after the meeting. \$5.00 for Bingo, \$10.00 for vision board activity.
4. **Webmaster Report:** Nothing to report. All is being updated as needed. One question...each year can we start a new email thread for the minutes and stuff? Yes, this is possible and as secretary I will do this when sending the minutes out.

**DO ANY OF YOU NEED TO BE ADDED TO THE OPEN FORUM DISCUSSION LIST, OR HAVE ANY MOTIONS TO SUBMIT?**

**7<sup>TH</sup> Tradition/break:** 5:53 pm-6:05 pm

**7<sup>th</sup> Tradition collections at the meeting today:** \$0

**OPEN FORUM DISCUSSION (30 Minutes): 6:06 pm-6:35 pm**

**Outreach Chair:** DeLynda introduced herself as the Outreach Chair for the Region, that I am making an effort to attend other Areas and let them know that I am available and wanted to extent my services to our Area in this Regional position. James asked if we have an Outreach position for our Area and we do not in our Guidelines at this time. Derrick asked if we did have this position, what would this look like? We would do guidelines and determine what this would look like. DeLynda spoke to what this might look like...supporting struggling meetings, Morgan...no meetings in Morgan. Derrick asked if a GSR could be in this position and Steve said this is something he could appoint. James stated he thought it would be much like our other positions and it would be best to not be in these 2 positions at once. Derrick said he is just looking for other ways he can serve besides being a GSR.

**Fund flow:** James asked if the square account was working and was told yes, it got figured out. Rusty wanted to talk about Venmo for home groups. He said he has been thinking about it for years. Is there a way to set up a Venmo account for every home group that is connected to the bank account? Brittini said that in square you could have a line item for each home group. To do though you take away some group autonomy to pay their rent or any other expenses, the GSR would have to come to Area to get their

money for rent, literature, etc. It is possible and Rusty said that it was brought up to him and other areas are doing this. He then asked if it was linked to the group's bank account and in the end, it was said there are several ways you could do it. James said with Venmo you have to have a cell phone number. James asked if you could have multiple Venmo accounts using the same phone number and Brittini said yes. Rusty talked about not carrying cash and wanting to make a donation at the meeting. To donate through Venmo at the Area is super easy, but it is something that group's need to talk about. Discussion on the Area providing a solution for fund flow in the Area. Up to the GSR's and home group's if they want to do this. Steve noted this is probably a discussion we need to continue to have. Rusty will figure this out and bring it back at the next meeting.

**PO Box:** Do we still need this? \$322.00 is a lot. We have the 2<sup>nd</sup> biggest box available (5.5 x 11). We can downsize as we don't need anything this big. We would just have to change with the bank and with World services. We can forward mail for 6 months. Who has the key to the PO box? Trevor has a key and gave it to Rusty. Steve asked if any GSR's want to make a motion on this? Payment is due by March 15. Do we need a motion? No, we are being financially responsible. All in agreement to downsize and Brittini will take care of this.

## **OLD BUSINESS:**

1. Bank account: will get names changed asap.

**Nominations:** None

**Elections as needed:** None

Chair Person:

Vice Chair Person:

Secretary:

Alternate Secretary:

Treasurer:

Alternate Treasurer:

Regional Committee Member

## **NEW BUSINESS:**

1. April meeting falls on Easter...do we want to change this? Most say no don't meet. Derrick asked that we not cancel completely. Asked if could meet the week after? Evanston has group business on the following week so 4 of us would not be able to attend if that is the decision of the body. Rusty suggests we meet on Zoom to go over group reports, hold all donations until May. Steve asked if anyone would be opposed to meeting virtually and no one opposed. Will do PR meeting on Zoom as well. James will set the Zoom up.

2. June Area meeting in Evanston on June 6 per request of the RTU group? Yes, this is ok.

**Next meeting will be April 4<sup>th</sup> via Zoom due to Easter. PR starts at 3:45 pm and  
Area business starts at 4:45pm**

**CONTACT Stephen at 307-679-2270 with any questions**

**Motion to adjourn: Derrick @ 6:45 pm**

**CLOSE THE MEETING WITH THE 3<sup>RD</sup> STEP PRAYER**

# Monday Night KLEANSVILLE GROUP REPORT

ATTENDANCE: 91

NEWCOMERS: 6

COLLECTIONS: ~~# 215.00~~ # 232.00

RENT: # 20.00

LIT. ORDER: ~~# 22.25~~ # 31.50

AREA DONATION: ~~# 116.44~~ # 180.44

OUR MEETING IS GOING GREAT.

OUR ATTENDANCE IS UP AND WE ARE  
GRATEFUL THAT OUR DOORS HAVE REMAINED OPEN  
FOR THE NEWCOMER TO HEAR OUR MESSAGE.

THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BE OF  
SERVICE

-DERRICK B.

# Key Tag & A Huey Group Report

3/2/21

Dec - 12/8 - 12/21

Attendance: 43

Newcomers: 1

Income: 39

Jan - 1/5 - 2/2

Attendance: 43

Newcomers: 4

Income: 35

Feb 2/9 - 3/2

Attendance: 31

Newcomers: 3

Income: 31

~~48~~ - ~~literature~~ 48.76 = 49\$ literature order

50\$ - ASL Donation

We apologize for not showing up to Area for so long. Meetings is still in Person, but the church has asked us to shorten our meeting times to limit exposure of Covid 19. We still have are currently doing open topic meetings until we can get more support to do speaker meetings again. ~~but~~ With Love - Joshy Poo

**Lakeside Unity Area Narcotics Anonymous  
GROUP REPORT**

Group Name: Refuse to Use Group, Evanston

Date: 2/7/2021

**MONTHLY**

Attendance	<u>145</u>
Newcomers	<u>0</u>
Collections	<u>\$335.79</u>
Rent	<u>\$100.00</u>
Pizza	<u>\$50.00</u>
Checks	<u>\$25.00</u>
Literature	<u>\$70.79</u>
Campout Delynda	<u>\$50.00</u> (balance of \$319.50 still due)
Area Donation	<u>\$50.00</u>

Report: The Refuse to Use group continues to do well and to meet in person 5 times each week at the Trinity Lutheran Church. We are still meeting in the basement. We continue to have our birthday meeting on the first Friday of every month (pizza provided by the group).

All meeting openers have been double checking doors when closing meetings. It was found that a door we do not utilize has been left open twice and there are also lights that have been left on in the hallway. I called Larry, who is in charge at church, and made him aware. He was very grateful our group is staying on top of it. He is going pass the message along to others that are using the facility.

Delynda H. is the campout chair for our upcoming campout on July 16-18, 2021. Delynda was able to reserve group sites A&B at Stillwater campground. The total came to \$369.50. We reimbursed her \$50.00 leaving a balance of \$319.50 still owed to her.

Group elections were held. Delynda H was voted in unanimously as Secretary, Mark S. was voted in unanimously as Treasurer, and Stephen H. was voted in unanimously as Webmaster.

Our group has been discussing our upcoming birthday party. We thought maybe if there is enough interest, we could hold area in Evanston on June 6 and then celebrate the birthday after. Please let me know your thoughts so I can take it back to our group.

Thank you all for letting me serve.

Report Given By: Brittney P. GSR for the RTU



**Lakeside Unity Area Narcotics Anonymous  
GROUP REPORT**

Group Name: Refuse to Use Group, Evanston

Date: 3/7/2021

**MONTHLY**

Attendance	<u>173</u>
Newcomers	<u>0</u>
Collections	<u>\$471.01</u>
Rent	<u>\$100.00</u>
Pizza	<u>\$40.00</u>
Campout Delynda	<u>\$319.50</u>
WSO Donation	<u>\$26.51</u>

Report: The Refuse to Use group continues to do well and to meet in person 5 times each week at the Trinity Lutheran Church. We are still meeting in the basement. At our upcoming business meeting we will be discussing possibly looking for another meeting location. We continue to have our birthday meeting on the first Friday of every month (pizza provided by the group).

RTU will be holding the 2<sup>nd</sup> annual campout July 16-18, 2021. We have a theme and logo flyer out that has been posted to the Lakeside Website as well as the RTU Website. All logo submissions are due March 31, 2021 and need to be sent to [delynda@allwest.net](mailto:delynda@allwest.net). The group held a committee meeting on March 1<sup>st</sup> to discuss speakers for the event.

We held a checkbook audit February 19, 2021. The addicts in attendance reviewed all transactions listed on the 2020 statements. It went very well. All checks and funds were accounted for. Thank you to our group treasurer Mark S.

Our Wednesday night meeting has been using popsicle sticks to pick different topics to share on. This has gone very well and everyone is enjoying it!

Thank you all for letting me serve.

Report Given By: Brittney P. GSR for the RTU

## New Connections

attendance: 80

new conv: 7

collection: 99

rent: 80

donation: 18

Meeting is going great. Great attendance and really good message.

# Treasurer's Report

March. 7 2021

Afternoon everyone

Our bank balance is \$176.75 in checking (\$401.31 in savings). I never transferred the \$100 back to savings because literature needed to make an order. I do have a question, who manages the square account? I made a donation and it never went to the bank account, I'm wondering if other people have done the same and we have money sitting in the square account. Anywho this is my last report as treasurer. I will help the new treasurer learn this stuff and i will start the process again with America first of getting people added. The last person that was helping me didn't finish helping so everything timed out.

Please remember to cross reference your monthly donations on the YTD worksheet. This is your first line of protection to ensure that the areas funds are being properly accounted for.

If you need anything between area meetings, my number and email are listed below.

My email is russellcuddeback@gmail.com

Phone: 801-940-4782

thanks for letting me serve

Rusty C

## RCM Report from 2-13-21

Roll call

Lakeside Present

Uwana present

Sasquatch present

Central Present

High Uinta Not present

Northern Not present

Voting in Delicate unanimous

Voting in alt Delicate unanimous

Mins from last meeting approved Steve asking if there is a key for the storage unit and if he should need one but it is just a code not a key Steve is needing to be on the bank account as well we will also have to have an audit on the regional account.

Treasure report, I am trying to meet with January to sign over the storage unit. Also looking at changing location for a better location also need an rcm volunteer for uricna audit on Jan 21,

Central will get returned their 300 for rda travel.

Delicate, there is no legal updates but there is still a case open, fipt changes still open for review till may, world convention 38 has been postponed tentatively November 2022

And convention 39 Washington dc august-sept 2024 world service conference 2022 is being looked at. The operating budget is around 5.5 mill and they need about 75% they are saying only 1 third of that is being sent currently also a report sent back from regional zonal forum.

There has been people trying to contact conference participants about meeting that are not from current participants.

Web report. a few things changing but nothing major to change.

Out reach I have not been able to do much over the last months. Will attend a couple areas H&I take to your area if there is any one in h and I that is wanting to help region with some zoom meetings. Are working on getting the basic text into the 11 counties that are not taken care of the areas.

Uricna, we have not meet this year we are planning on meeting next month.

Campvention, 3 fundraisers for about \$900 in funding logo contest is done and over with. Cody P. Camp kids is still open position. Two group sites reserved and have the most remaining sites are done.

Rcm Reports.

Open forum.

Location for storage unit is there an opposition or reason to keep it in sandy moving it more north could have people in southern Utah have a hard time to get to it if it is further north. We are going to look at getting prices and have an actual size.

Contributions to the fellow ship, based on lit sales for world wanting to go to member based. What can we do as a fellowship to understand this is an important thing? Large discussion on how to get funding to world. \$100 per meeting per year would help with the funding of world.

Email list leaked to someone not a part of the conference. So to just ignore.

Confirmed rusty as uricna chair.

April meeting via zoom will bring a proposal for June in person.

PR/H&I Meeting March 07, 2021

Start time: 3:45 PM

Prayer: Serenity Prayer

Just For Today: Steve

Attendance:

- |                                 |                                    |
|---------------------------------|------------------------------------|
| 1. James K Chair                | 8. Penny Jail Coordinator (absent) |
| 2. Nate G Vice Chair            | 9. Anthony L Literature (absent)   |
| 3. Jerry Elevations Coordinator | 10. Kurtis R CM                    |
| 4. Delynda CM                   | 11. Cody P CM                      |
| 5. Jess Secretary (absent)      |                                    |
| 6. Steve Interested Member      |                                    |
| 7. Brittney P CM                |                                    |

Chair is moving temporarily between March 15<sup>th</sup> – May 7<sup>th</sup>. Will be in town for the next two committee meetings.

Guidelines: Updated and Approved as of 11/1/20

- No new revisions needed at this time.

Service-Learning Day (April 24<sup>th</sup>, 2021) Can we move the date? Yes, May 22<sup>nd</sup>, 2021.

- Sample Program
  - Cohost with activities -
- Following locations are for consideration
  - Elevations Clearfield
    - Elevations Suites
  - St Pauls Ogden
  - Clearfield Community
  - St Peters Episcopal Clearfield
  - Evanston – Need advanced notice (5-6 months typically)
    - Beeman Cashin - \$50 (50-60 people)
    - Bear Ponds Pavilion - \$50 (50 people)
  - Loy Blake Park West Point - \$25 (300 people) Primary
- May 22<sup>nd</sup>, 2021 -
  - Update Flyer – Brittni K
    - Location Loy Blake Park – Large Bowery
- Rolling agenda items
  - All day event – 11:00pm to 5:00pm
  - Food – Kurtis Brisket, Cody Potato Salad,
  - Ad hoc Learning Day Chair – Steve
  - Recovery -
    - ~~Evanston – Add a recovery meeting at end~~
    - *Davis County – End early enough to attend SoS @ 7:00pm*
  - Fund Flow – James K (RD)
  - CBDM would be a great topic for the learning days.
  - Home Group service
  - PR / H&I committee members to present on their service position / duties
    - Facility Coordinators

- Jail - Penny
- Youth Facility – Jerry Y
- PR Chair
  - Chair duties
  - CBDM
- PR Vice Chair
  - Copresent
- Small Group breakouts use as needed
- Home Groups
  - What is a home group?
  - Why is it important
  - Commitment vs floating
  - Service positions
  - Supporting other meetings
  - Facilitate vs. dictate
  - 7<sup>th</sup> tradition
  - Mentorship

#### WRC

- No update at this time.
- Brandie to follow up with Callie at WRC to see when we can get a meeting in there.

#### Active Recovery

- No update, waiting for things to change to contact Lance Hori. Kurtis to follow up.

#### Safe Harbor

- Need a staff member to be a part of meeting. Waiting to fill said position at Safe Harbor.

#### Elevations

- Jerry – back online with one meeting a week.
  - Staff members needed to be present
  - Jerry filling in more often lately
  - 10-15 kids are attending weekly
- Current list of active members:
  - Kurtis
  - Mande P
  - Jerry
  - Tyson
  - Kevin H
  - Anthony L
  - Sarah W
  - Cisco

#### Jail

- Jail meeting is still suspended. No further update currently. Still waiting on info from Jail to be able to send books in.

#### Literature

- Anthony L (not present)

Vice Chair

- No printed schedules this month. No changes to the meeting schedules currently.

Open discussion

- Regional H&I is looking for members to support Wasatch, Duchesne, Summit County Jails. Contact Cody P for more info.

Closed at 4:44pm

End of Minutes

James K

PR Chair



March Literature 2021

Friday Night 26

Sunday Night 107.01

Keytag 49

Kleansville 31.56

Total 213.57

Bought

204.06